View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 11:03 AM   #18
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
This is the version I listened to as well, and I did not like Frederick Davidson at all, which I guess is heresy here. I did a quick check of my records and discovered that I had apparently never listened to Davidson/Case before, and I don't think I'd seek him out again. I think a lot of my dislike of Gilbert was based on Davidson's performance--he sounded like a foppish jerk and the person who should be the villain of the piece.
Just shows how perceptions can differ! The voice Davidson used was very close to the one he uses for a British Army officer who's risen from the ranks, i.e., not patrician, so it didn't strike me as particularly foppish. But I also listen to Davidson a lot; this was the seventh book narrated by him I've listened to this year alone (he's in second place for me this year) so I went into it with a preconceived favorable opinion. Davidson's a love/hate proposition, though; I know he gets lot of negative reactions.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote