View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 06:55 AM   #27
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
I had exactly the same urge. I think this is one of those books that are quite enjoyable to reread particularly as one can appreciate the structural irony.
It was, and I enjoyed it even more on the reread, understanding all the intricate details as they fitted together. At one point, Michael (but really the four billion year ghost) was listening to a recording of Vivaldi with real attention, but ultimately found it unfulfilling. And for me, it certainly is when you compare it to Bach. On the first reading, I didn’t understand the significance of details like that.

It is very rare that I go back and reread a book immediately after finishing it, but in this case it was really worth it.

Last edited by Bookpossum; 10-17-2019 at 06:59 AM.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote