View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 01:53 PM   #21
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
The Party looks just the kind of book I'd like as I loved Brideshead Revisited (the book and the 80s series), and while I haven't read The Talented Mr. Ripley, I did love the film and liked the other Highsmith, The Price of Salt, we read for the club. I haven't read any Marsh before (well, I may have as a kid but I don't remember) and I love a good mystery and I see this is regarded as perhaps one of her finest. And I've been interested in TransAtlantic for awhile. So I'll begin by doling out half my votes:

-2 to The Party
-1 to Death in a White Tie
-1 to TransAtlantic

Also, AnotherCat, did you realise that all three of your nominations were within a year of each other in the 30s? 1938, 1938 and 1939. It's an interesting coincidence if inadvertent.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote