View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 01:46 AM   #34
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's actually better to use the Kobo Touch Extended Driver for Calibre to convert to kepub. That way you can convert when it's sent to your Kobo rather then convert and have an extra file taking up disk space. And doing it with the Extended Driver, the ePub doesn't get a full conversion. It just gets the code added to to it to make it into a kepub file.
Jon: Simpler, not better. There are reasons doing the conversion is better. They include if you source your books from Amazon and don't have any other use for epubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
I did not know that I could use the "Kobo Touch Extended" also for devices like Kobo Libra H2O . I will definitely try. Thanks.
PS: Installed (V3.1.5 from Joel Goguel), works.
(I forgot to add too Plugins : KePub Input / KePub output).

- It has some importance (useful) to install the extension for Kobo Libra H2O as well"Kobo Utilities"?

The KoboTouchExtended driver does what it's name says: Extends the KoboTouch driver. This is built-in to calibre. If the KoboTouch driver supports a Kobo device, then the KoboTouchExtended driver will as well. And all Kobo devices are supported in the latest version of calibre.

My Kobo Utilities plugin will also work with all Kobo devices.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote