View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 02:48 AM   #2
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
In a week or so I expect to upload an book by George du Maurier to the MobileRead library.

Should I enter the author's name as du Maurier, George; or as Maurier, George du?

If the answer is in the wiki then please accept my apologies, and point it out to me. If the answer is not in the wiki could it be put there?
I'm no expert in this but I think it should be sorted under Maurier but know that the du is part of the last name. Which doesn't really answer your question. I'm guessing that the Dutch names with van and German names with von are similar so maybe you could do a google search on "names with van, von, and du" (and maybe de la for Spanish) and see what they say about them.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote