View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 08:56 PM   #51
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
For what it's worth, this is not fantasy. And is the start of what is, by far, her best and most important series. I have mixed reactions to her other books -- some I like, a lot, some not so much. But this book (and the eponymous series it spawned) have been among my favourites.
Oh, I should have looked closer. Everything else I've read of hers has been fantasy and so I had that stuck in my head despite what you had said in the nomination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
You have my undying gratitude for not nominating a John Irving book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I also considered Carrie; I liked the first few Stephen King novels before souring on him, and have thought it would be fun to revisit Carrie via audiobook one of these days.
We're even. I have absolutely no desire to revisit Carrie.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote