View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 08:58 AM   #12
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
And that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure that together we could come up with quite a list of authors with interesting background.
My favorite current example is Ben Pastor, an Italian woman writing under a man's name in English about a German army officer; her novels are then translated into Italian by someone else. It's infuriating that the books in Italian come out faster than the English ones, which are released in a slow trickle. I'm considering nominating one of her books, either the first to be published or the first in the chronology - probably the latter. There's no hard-and-fast rule to apply to that conundrum, which is situational; sometimes there's no ideal solution. (I'm looking at you, Sharpe.)
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote