View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 12:29 AM   #15
DeKuns
Connoisseur
DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
I read the "Tutorial Open Sesame!" and this thread but I doubt I understand FW>=5.11 Factory Jailbreak clearly.
My questions are:

1. Does it mean there are several slightly different versions of FW 5.11 shipped with KT4?
I asked because in "Tutorial Open Sesame!" there is a factory image for KT4 with 5.11.0 (MD5: fd3e7ed8ebea59432163a5e713cd90c5). Also, Niluje said in this thread "v1.3, with FW >= 5.11 support (i.e. KT4)" and "This assumes you are *already* running a *factory firmware* version.

2. If there is only one version of FW 5.11, then can I assume all KT4 can be jailbreak although it is in FW 5.11.2 already? Or I completely missed something here?
I asked because I am thinking to buy KT4 from Amazon-Warehouse and there is a possibility that the previous buyer has done FW 5.11.2 upgrade.

In the country I live, sometimes KT4 Amazon-Warehouse comes "too cheap to be true."
DeKuns is offline   Reply With Quote