View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 03:08 PM   #7
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have to ask, how many books do you have on he device? It might help to turn off the "Read metadata from file on device" option. That is what is slowing it down on the first pass, but it needs the file names to contain the author and title. But, after the first read, it should be matching using the metadata.calibre file for any books that calibre has already matched to the books in the library.

An alternative to using a driver of some sort, you could use "Save to disk" to put the files on the device. That allows you to skip a step. But means you don't see what is on the device when in calibre.
It may be because my PC is too old and slow. One AuraHD of mine has about 5000 books; the other 14000. Majority are pdfs.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote