Thread: New Leaf Themes Redux
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 01:04 PM   #29
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post

First, one I mentioned last year. We generally need a good, light-hearted (or at least light-weight) option near the Holidays. So I was thinking of "Tasty Morsels, short and/or sweet". That should cover short stories, food related books, "feel good" (sweet) books, etc. And the title reminds me of the holidays in general.

A different one was "First Things First, debut books", with the intention of getting the first book by an author. Although, the first book in a series would certainly be appropriate as well.
I really like both of these. The first sounds light hearted, fun and great for the holidays.

The second provides lots of scope for selection, and could spark observations about how an author has / hasn’t evolved over time - something I find quite interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I tend to agree with both of these. I'd like to see these two themes conflated if people are willing; I also think co-written is a little too prescriptive and could be punchier anyway.
Sure - I’m good with that.

Last edited by Victoria; 04-11-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote