View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 02:47 PM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
That annoys me, too, when they try to make it sound "scientific" by calling it PSI. Now, if they had a plausible reason for the existence of this "power," based in physical reality, then it can be called science fiction. If there is no plausible explanation, then it's magic and fantasy.
An awful lot of SF would fall into the realms of "magic and fantasy", if we were to use that definition. Any book featuring faster-than-light travel, for example. I'm not so picky, myself. I'm happy to accept as SF any technology which is consistent with the "world" of the book, rather than insisting on an explanation with is plausible by the standards of today's science.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote