View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 06:56 AM   #63
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
My own thought was why go through the cycles of donations? Not only is that far more expensive, a clone who dies early in the donation cycle is a loss. Why not harvest everything at one fell swoop?
I assume because the clone's organs are only being donated to the person they were cloned from, as needed.

As I said, I didn't re-read it so I can't remember if this is made explicit in this book - probably not given how vague most of the tech stuff is. I certainly inferred that at the time, but that may have been because I'd read things like Michael Marshall Smith's Spares or seen the movie The Island both of which cover similar ground and are much more explicit on the process.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote