View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 02:55 PM   #42
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
So, no time to read through the entries here. Actually, not really a lot of time to give a full analysis: I finished reading Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro on Friday, but then took off on an adventure of not-quite-epic proportions this weekend and I have a lot of catching up to do. So my short assessment is as follows:

Ruth was a manipulative, conniving b*tch. Her near-final act was to "apologize" for keeping Kathy and Tom apart for nearly their whole lives merely because they had a connection that Ruth obviously hadn't found up to that point. Which apology, by the way, had a nice little time-bomb attached-- the dashing of hopes when they followed her little goose-chase to see Madame and find out it was all a lie.

Yes, I'm certain Ruth already knew the truth... I think she followed that other couple's quest quite keenly and knew what awaited Tommy and Kath when they followed her directions. That's vindictiveness supreme.

Her insecurity was painfully obvious, and it's almost disingenuous of Kathy and Tom to not see this, but then they were all sheltered through their youth, were they not?

The second part of the book was a bit of a slog, the first part held little interest, and I had to wait until the final act before becoming fully engaged in the narrative. But I made it through and I will probably never read this book again, but I am not regretting it.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote