View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 06:08 PM   #16
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Neither of us is wrong. If you look at Christopher Stasheff's web page and check under the books page, A Wizard in Absentia is listed as the first book in The Rogue Wizard series. If you check the store page and look under ebooks, it's listed as the first book in The Warlock's Heirs series.
Well, I guess I'll just continue to trust my automation. I'll take the author's word over the store's also.

Quote:
Sending a book that already exists is inefficient and inefficiency offends me.
I guess when one is dealing with small amounts of data, you can make those choices. It seems a small thing to worry about, since, as you say, it doesn't really matter.

Quote:
And extrapolating the load times, I still end up far less than the 15 minutes you stated. I either have to conclude that Windows is far faster than your operating system ( ) or your mass storage is on the slow side.
Well, tell you what. Why don't you do an *actual* real world test and find out? You are assuming Calibre's performance follows a linear curve. it doesn't. Try it for yourself. I did.
sealbeater is offline   Reply With Quote