View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 07:51 AM   #45
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
The Hobson translation of the above:

Quote:
“Oh, no, no, it’s a ghost from hell! No, no, it’s not he! … Help! Help!’ she cried in a hoarse voice, turning to the wall as if she could tear a hole in it with her bare hands.”
Quote:
“Oh, mercy! Mercy! Forgive me!’ cried the wretched woman, falling to her knees.”
Quote:
“Milady let out a dreadful scream and dragged herself on her knees a few paces closer to her judges.”
Quote:
“Then she broke her silence to cry out, ‘You are cowards, you are vile murderers – ten of you banding together to cut a woman’s throat. Watch out – there may be no one to help me, but there will be to avenge me.”
So the words are slightly different, but the general impression is the same.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote