View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 04:42 AM   #1
hongho71
Enthusiast
hongho71 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Can't send recipe files anymore to Kindle Oasis 2. No longer pobi format.

I use to be able to send calibre recipe files to my kindle oasis 2. Now, I cannot do that anymore. My kindle oasis 2 only has 3GB left out of 32GB. So I was scanning the forums and thought it was maybe an index issue.

But, I don't think it is because I can still send regular non-recipe mobi and epub files fine. It is just calibre recipes that won't send. If I convert the mobi recipes to azw3 and then send it, the calibre recipes show up on the kindle. But when you send azw3, it loses its table of content format or pobi format.

When I just send the mobi recipes to the kindle, it doesn't show up on the kindle but when I look at the kindle document folders, the file remains in mobi format and not in pobi format. I have other old recipes that I have sent to the kindle in the past and I can read them fine but they are currently in pobi format. So, somehow during the send process, the kindle recipes are no longer in pobi format and only in mobi format which kindle is unable to read.

I had this problem before updating to the latest kindle firmware and I always update the calibre software when it is available so I am lost in what else to try. I did try to rename the mobi files in my kindle to pobi extensions but that didn't work.
hongho71 is offline   Reply With Quote