View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 11:26 PM   #6
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
@latepaul, @sjfan, @ilovejedd & @fidvo - Thanks for your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjfan View Post
And one for Manuals (every time I buy a new TV or blender or printer or whatever, I snag an electronic copy of the manual and put it here).

@sjfan
- This is a good idea. I have heaps of manuals in my kitchen drawer. Maybe I should just digitalise all of my manuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
  • state (text:tag) - for tracking the status of ebook metadata processing and clean-up
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidvo View Post

OK: A yes/no column to keep track of whether the book's metadata is correct. I also have a "To Fix" virtual library based upon this column. When I import books, this column is not set, so they're automatically included in the virtual library. I'll then go through each book and clean up the metadata, then set the OK column to Yes. This way, I can keep track of which books I need to deal with. Other people accomplish much the same thing by using a separate intake library, but when you have several main libraries with different custom columns, having a duplicate of each structure is too unwieldy. A single custom column in each library works better for my work flow.
I note you both use columns to keep track if a books metadata/formatting is correct/complete although you tackle the information differently. I think I may add this column as it may be helpful to know if the metadata is complete and also if the books TOC is correct/up-to-date.

@ilovejedd - What tags do you use exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
I have the following:
  • price - in £
@latepaul - Do you export the price values to get the TOTAL price? Why is price so important to have for you? You like to see how much you spend?

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote