View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 06:41 AM   #13
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
[...] And then there is the undercurrent of sexual ambiguity too, an attraction and tension between the two women.
I saw reference to something like this on Wikipedia (I think it was). I can see how it might be possible ... but I think that's reading too much into it, and I don't really see that it fits all that well with the story Larsen seemed to be telling. I'm more inclined to think the language used is an expression of Irene's jealously of Clare. (Then again, with everything else being so ambiguous I could be completely wrong.)
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote