View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 01:13 PM   #36
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
I notice that the MaxCarta and Max2 are not there?

EDIT:
-- the MaxCarta should be a Max with updated screen (2200x1650 dots), I am not sure if anything else changed, but
-- the Max2 is a completely different product (RK3288 vs i.MX 6SoloLite, Android 6 vs Android 4, no expansion vs SD-Card, HDMI vs no video-in, touchscreen vs pen only, 2GB RAM vs 1GB RAM ...) and it should have its own page.
I believe that Onyx reserves the word Max for the huge 13.3 screen. This is only a 10.3 inch screen and the term Carta is in the specs on the wiki page. Carta is the latest technology from E Ink and combined with Mobius it nice to see it moved toward the smaller screens. The screen resolution is the same as the competitor Remarkable device.

The information in the wiki is from the Onyx site referenced. The site does not mention it but I believe is uses Adobe DRM which is also in all the Onyx machines.

Edit: The BOOX Max 13.3 is certainly in the wiki as is the BOOX MAX2 Pro.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 01-15-2018 at 01:17 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote