View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 02:53 PM   #71
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
Now, with ereaders we are either talking niche products, or cheap reading devices. Both have their uses - in public transports I see a lot of Kobos and Kindles, in the hands of people who just want to read and like the comfort. My guess is that these people could be easily converted to regular tablets if they offered comparable screen comfort (like, full-color, e-ink-like screens) at not too high prices, but right now they seem to be sticking to their e-readers despite also having smartphones (I'm guessing).
There's also weight and battery life to consider. I'm probably not the "target audience" but – even though I have a tablet – I'm usually trying to figure out things to do with it. It'll sit for weeks without getting touched. My eReaders get used every day. For eMail, my smartphone (Blackberry Q10) works well and I really don't spend much time on the Internet when away from my desktop (or my laptop, when I actually travel, not often).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote