View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 04:45 PM   #115
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
So, suddenly Win10 is telling me I can't install software I didn't source from the MS Store. Sure enough the setting in Windows update had been set to that - WTF, that wasn't me.

Then I recalled I had installed the Windows 'app' (how I detest that non-word) that collects data from my Fitbit gadget. It was the first thing that I have installed from the MS Store.

Anyone know if this is normal; that when you install something from the MS Store, Windows will assume all installs will come from there - for evermore. Bloody cheek.

BR
Haven't witnessed this myself, I have both applications (no, I will not use the word app) from the store and self-installed. I didn't even know there was a setting for that.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote