View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 02:40 AM   #84
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Sigh. Why does _something_ always go wrong that is outside my control or planning?

When I get the new card next week, I'll press it out of the holder as a Mini or Micro-sim first, so I can try it in one of the spare (old) Nokia phones I've got lying around. If it works there, I'm assuming it'll work in the Moto G5, or the phone is defective.
I did it the easy way.

Went to JB Hi-fi, asked to look at their cheapest phones, was offered a Huawei, an LG and a Nokia - all $199. I asked, why would I give you 200 bucks for one of those when I can go up the road to Officeworks and get a Moto for less than 150.

The sales person tapped away on her sales gadget and after a bit of to-and-fro she eventually said she could do the Nokia in black for $160. Done I said, providing you help me get it working. As we did that I asked, so where's the doco -- what's doco she asked

Half an hour later I walked out with a working phone.

Given its Christmas Eve I assumed the joint would be full, but it wasn't, very un-busy. Obviously everyone is buying on-line where you can't haggle, where you can't hold a proper conversation, where you can't get the sales person to work for their shilling, or share a smile amidst some friendly banter.

Don't tell me shopping online is faster. I also went to the grocers and bought cheese, salami, potato salad, kombucha, bread etc -- and a pork pie. And I got some exercise walking to the bus and back etc.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote