View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 03:35 PM   #80
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I've called them, and the lady at support told me "it might take 24 hours for the phone to pick up the sim card." So, I asked her if she meant that it might take 24 hours for the activation to come through (which I could understand); I told her I was of the opinion the phone should be seeing the card, but not necessarily be able to use it yet. No, no, she told me... the card was activated, and it could take 24 hours for the phone to detect that the card was inserted.

I think that's BS. I still think the phone should see the card and then tell me "No Service" or something like that, until the activation comes through, but it literally says both sim card slots are empty. (It's a dual sim phone, and I've tried the card in both slots.)
That indeed sounds like BS. I do not see any reason this can be true. Activation on their side yes, but not on the phone. I must say that even if the SIM is not activated, you still should see it with the notification that it is not activated. The phone only can know this when they actually check the software on the card. It sounds like you have a defective SIM. It happens, I had it as well some years ago.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote