View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 02:31 PM   #9
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I'll nominate Carousel Tides by Sharon Lee. This is somewhere between an urban fantasy and pure fantasy, set on the Maine Coast. A truly delightful book that I'll highly recommend. It's available DRM-Free from all the usual sources but NO library versions, from what I can tell. OTOH, it's only $6.99 from Amazon, Kobo, Baen and others, and fully couponable at Kobo.
Baen Description:
Quote:
Kate Archer left home years ago, swearing that she would die before she returned to Maine. As plans go, it was a pretty good one — simple and straightforward. Not quite fast enough, though. Before she can quite manage the dying part, Kate gets notice that her grandmother is missing, leaving the carousel that is the family business untended. And in Archers Beach, that means ‘way more trouble than just a foreclosure.
432 pages, a bit high, but it's an excellent read so goes quickly. Highly recommended.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote