View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 05:03 PM   #16
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've found that it seems to go a lot quicker if you keep the Kindle awake. It seems to slow to a crawl when the Kindle goes to sleep. When I was doing the batch of books in my previous post, I had the Kindle plugged into my laptop's USB port, but "ejected" (ie it was powered, but not in USB drive mode), and I refreshed the page every 5 minutes to keep it awake.
Too bad that when it is deciding whether to go to sleep, it doesn't check indexing state, charging state, and battery level. if it's indexing, charging, and over 80% (or whatever),
it should stay awake until it's done indexing or disconnected from charger.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote