View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 06:43 PM   #46
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I hope you have better luck than I did. I could not get 1.8.2 to install through TWRP. There would always be some error. I could do a nandroid backup, and I could restore from backup, but I couldn't install anything. The same thing happened with my Boyue T63.

So, I decided to use Factory Tools to reinstall 1.8.1 (which also replaced TWRP with stock recovery), and then I was able to upgrade to 1.8.2 with the update.zip at Onyx International. If I can't install anything with TWRP, what's the point of having it?
Same thing here. I am trying to install 1.8.2 and it just gives an error. I tried to go back to the original recovery with the methods mentioned but TWRP is still there. Am I doing anything wrong or is Factory Tools the only way to go back to the original one? (I would hate to lose all my apps...).
If I have to use Factory Tools, could I just flash 1.8.2 firmware directly?

Last edited by colibris79; 09-11-2017 at 06:46 PM.
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote