Thread: Literary Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 10:37 PM   #11
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I really enjoyed this book. I've rarely read many Humour books and I can be fickle with them (isn't everyone fickle with humour?), but my hopes were up on this one because of its reputation and because I have a soft spot for an academia-world focus. I wasn't disappointed. I was laughing so hard in some spots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
I'm about halfway through at the moment - the taxi ride. The book is remarkable for the amount of physical humour; I sometimes feel that I am watching a Charlie Chaplin or Harold Lloyd film.
It's funny you should say that. I thought this was probably the most cinematic book I've ever read; it just felt somehow like I was reading a film. It makes me wonder how the actual film of it holds up.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote