View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 09:48 AM   #70
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I am appalled that in Texas kids aren't started on Spanish early and continued in it through high school. One year! In French!

It was a long time ago, but my (public in the American sense) high school offered French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Latin and Ancient Greek, of which I took four years of French and five of Latin (two concurrently).
I think they do offer Spanish but it doesn't count as a foreign language course to those that already speak Spanish.
Except for the migrant workers (oilfield), our area is 45% Hispanic (Mexican) as of the last census. So Spanish is not a foreign language here.
Now many kids here do college courses in high school. So they have more choices.
I have a cousin that in September starts high school/college. She will be in 9th grade.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote