View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #1
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Standard eBooks Is a Gutenberg Project You’ll Actually Use

Sorry for the click-bait-y headline. It's from the LifeHacker article here. Not sure if this is News or General Discussion. Please feel free to move the thread if it is in the wrong location.

Basically, it looks like Standard eBooks is taking Project Gutenberg's work and adding more polish to it. I haven't downloaded from them yet, but I applaud their efforts. I do have one concern and it is this:

Quote:
Light & tasteful modernization

Older books often contain archaic spelling and hyphenation that can be distracting for today’s readers. On top of our strict typography standards, each Standard Ebook is lightly modernized to feature consistent and modern spelling and hyphenation, so old-fashioned ephemera doesn’t distract you from timeless content.
Here's a link to the site.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote