View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 10:35 PM   #71
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
I remember a set of Junior Classics being in our house during the time that I was growing up since, well, forever. With a publication date of 1907, they were already very old when I was growing up. They were already old when my father and mother grew up. I don't know where they came from, but the memory of that set in our house for all of those years is indelible.

The stories in these books are basically abridgments, I think. Don't lightly dismiss these--the President of Harvard and the editor of the Harvard Classics were a part of the project. This is a classic set of (abridged) classic books!

Get the whole set, in 6 PDF downloads, from Homeschool Freebie of the Day's website (you'll need to scroll down a little way, because there have been other Homeschool Freebies of the Day since this one was posted).

I have just downloaded all of these volumes myself. Why? There are some times when I need to read a classic book. But being a hater of all things fiction, I don't want to have to read the complete book! Just let me read the condensed version, please!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-27-2017 at 10:41 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote