View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 09:04 PM   #32
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
I picked up this book through one of my library memberships, and I'm on to Chapter 3.

As a middle-aged man, the first couple chapters were a little slow for me, but it is picking up now that Mrs. Webster is at work at Gibney's.

The part about...
Spoiler:
...dying her hair was kind of humorous. It is so common today that I wouldn't have given it any thought, but I guess in 1960's, small-town Ireland it was a bit unusual!

Reading about how Nora handles all the condolences in the opening chapters makes we wonder how we should comfort/reach out to someone that goes through a loss like she did. Do you think her views are reflective of how a widow feels when people come to express their condolences?
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote