View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 06:13 PM   #22
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
I have just started this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
...So far I feel that Tobin has quite successfully recreated the Ireland of that era. The way the characters speak is astonishingly accurate. I can practically hear their voices...
I can hear it a little in the narration too. That also seems, to me, a little Joycian prosy too, and am wondering if a coincidence or not given Joyce's own Nora?
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote