View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 07:56 AM   #179
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifgena View Post
How did you manage to do this? I've been trying to find a program that will extract from the bin file for hours. I've tried 7zip/universal extractor/magic iso

Please help or share the file?

"Thank you guys for your posts.
I managed to get the screen reader running on oasis.
I googled and found the kindle tool, used windows cmd and extracted amazon's voice file, and there was a file there called "data.stgz" I managed to extract that using 7zip and I found the voice folder there!
So i just dropped the folder into kindle's root directory and when i plug my adapter now, It works!"
You don't need to extract the voice file, it can be downloaded from Amazon.com on this page

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=202006400

Select the link in this paragraph (the words in bold are actually a direct link to download the voice file on the Amazon webpage)

Download the Audio File for Your Device

If you’ve recently factory reset your Kindle Paperwhite (7th Generation), you will need to re-download the audio file for your device.

To download and install the audio file:

1. Download Audio file for Kindle Paperwhite (7th Generation)
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote