Thread: Mary Stewart!
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 06:07 PM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I agree that it's up to Amazon to remove them; however, I am unwilling to let pirates make money from me off sheer theft.

This case is muddied with the Whispersync aspect and I don't know what to make of it. But generally speaking, when it's obvious a seller doesn't have rights to a book, I think people should find the legitimate seller and pay what it takes. And when there's no legit copy out there, move on - but paying someone for stolen content is the worst of the available options.
You have to know it's illegitimate to begin with, and I don't know too many people who'd do the research to find out. For the average book buyer, what's a telltale sign that it's not legitimate?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote