View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 02:55 PM   #45
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGonigle View Post
I'm guilty of presenting my case very badly. My primary wish is to be able to browse the contents of a 4000+ library on the reader with no or little delay, like I would in Calibre.

With the Onyx T68, the onboard browser is inadequate, it takes forever to scan or perform a search of my library. A Unix-based device, like my old Boox A60 offers a folder based access, but again the search and sort functions are inadequate.

It would be perfectly reasonable to expect me to do my sorting and searching in Calibre, but I would prefer to do it on the reader.

If Kindle Voyage is able to perform such tasks, I can only wait in anticipation for Amazon to release a reader with a 7 or even better 8 inch screen.
As HarryT already said, it's very fast and easy to search for whatever you want on the newer Kindles. But 4000+ books wouldn't probably fit on a Kindle. The Kindles don't have a memory card option.

Last edited by Sirtel; 09-14-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote