View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 05:10 PM   #642
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
In order to install the night mode hack and the screensaver hack just follow the usual procedure (copy the KoboRoot.tgz to .kobo). Both packages contain install routines that are superfluous when used with KSM, but that must not bother you.
The referred version of the screen saver seems not to work under FW 3.13.1. (Edit: for FW 3.15.0 and newer use the screen saver version you can findhere.)

Since update 2 (of KSM 07), there is a configuration manu available.
In order to enable the screensaver hack select in (KSM home) "configure", in the section [nickel]:
nickelpreload="/opt/cfw/preload/hook.so"
to enable night mode:
nickelpreload="/root/screenInv.so"
to enable both:
nickelpreload="/opt/cfw/preload/hook.so /root/screenInv.so"
I installed KSM8 and then the Brightness controlled nightmode function from the "kobo-nightmode_build13H2O" patch stopped working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no success.

After doing a factory reset and first reinstalling the nighmode patch (build13H20) the nightmode worked again.

But, when I reinstalled KSM8, the nightmode stopped working again. Even tried again with uninstalling the nightmode patch with the uninstall .tgz file and then reinstalled it, but with no success.

Seems that KSM8 stops nightmode to work. If anyone comes up with a working solution, please let me know.

Did I miss something according to the quoted post? Should I have:
to enable night mode: nickelpreload="/root/screenInv.so"

I wanted KSM8 to easy install adds and switch to KOreader, Coolreader etc, so what's your recommendations? I would like KOreader to better read pdf. And the games in Coolreader seems great to have, but is not important.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote