View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 02:58 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobamoba View Post
Amazon didn't seem to think the problem was at their end (not that that means anything really). I thought it could be a versioning thing like CC hadn't been updated to indicate it was compatible with Nougat because it doesn't even show up in an Appstore search anymore.
When releasing an Amazon version of CC, the only question asked is what is the minimum supported version of Android. There is nothing about a maximum. I could make a new release just for grins, but there isn't anything for me to change that might fix this.

My guess: this is the result of a pissing contest between Amazon and Google about app sources and security. There are lots of sites mentioning the Nougat "knows" where the app came from. How this interacts with the Amazon App Store is the $64,000 question.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote