View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 07:37 PM   #20
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'm really enjoying the humor this time through. I'm going to quote one passage, in regard to a seaman who's to be court martialed for carnal relations with a goat:
Quote:
'What will happen to him?'

'Oh, he'll be hanged. Run up at the yard-arm, and boats attending from every ship in the fleet.'

'That seems a little extreme.'

'Of course it is. Oh, what an infernal bore - witnesses going over to the flagship by the dozen, days lost....The Sophie a laughing-stock. Why will they report these thing? The goat must be slaughtered - that's but fair - and it shall be served out to the mess that informed on him.'
Such a ludicrous indictment of a brutal society.... Poor goat! I can't imagine it was a willing participant.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote