View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 04:22 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Need some muscle here....

I want to see a change in the edit metadata fields. I would like to have the ability to select which fields (or columns) are being displayed to be edited.

I have the unfortunate burden of being the proud owner of a library that has grown to almost 80 columns. I keep paring them down, but with multiple libraries and changes over the years, I keep ending up with a ton of columns.

You can only imaging how long it takes to edit a single book when every column (needed or not) is being offered to be edited and in many cases two choices, one to change and one to remove.

Instead of boring you with the whys, I will just ask if someone would be willing to --with developer guidance--- change the GUI to allow the user to select which fields are shown in the edit metadata fields.

I envision a drop down in the configure menu that allows the user to tick off which columns are selected for editing.

I submitted a bug report and was replied with the suggestion to ask if someone would want to do this, with Kovid's guidance if needed.

I am embarrassed to say I actually proposed paying for it to be done, but I quickly learned that the developers do this out of the joy they get rather than the money, and would lose that joy if they started taking requests...

I however am still willing to pay if someone needs that incentive.

I REALLY want to see this feature. Perhaps this could be a plug-in? I have no idea how these things work. However, if you are interested let me know.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote