View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 04:52 PM   #1
LisaAlissa
LisaAlissa began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone,
Help splitting Library onto USB sticks, please

The PC where my Calibre Library is located is starting to show signs of instability, so I've disconnected it from the Internet. I need to copy/backup the library but it is too large for the available USB sticks. I have 16 GB USB sticks, and the properties of the Calibre Library shows it in excess of 22 GB.

i'm not sure how to approach this. Clearly I need to split the library, so that I can get it onto the USB sticks. I don't want to delete the Library from the PC, until I'm sure I've got it somewhere else and that I can access it.

Do I want to install Calibre Portable on the USB sticks?

How can I determine how much can go on each USB stick--so that I know how big each split library should be? And is there a way to tell how big a split Library will be before creating it?

How can I split the library so that I can then use the export function to move a split library piece onto a stick? (Or is there a better way to do this?)

I'm probably missing other things I need to consider or do as I try to remove my library to another device. So any advice will be gratefully received.

Thanks for reading.

LisaAlissa
LisaAlissa is offline   Reply With Quote