View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 03:02 AM   #60
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I actually went through a "SECURE ALL THE FREE AND DIRT CHEAP EBOOKS NOW!!" phase back when first transitioning from paper (just like most did), but ended up going back and deleting almost every one of them later. I've yet to regret a single one of those deletions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I went through the same trajectory. I did get over the freebies frenzy fairly early and the time it took to delete them from my Amazon account was a lesson internalized for all time. No more freebies for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I still overbought, but I have to agree that my purchases have turned out to be a much better investment in light of current conditions than originally seemed the case.

I'm a recent convert to the 'freebies are more trouble than they're worth' church. I've just gone through my calibre library either deleting the freebies or marking them as 'To Be Read'.

As a result, my TBR pile has gone from around 780 to about 1190.

I still have to go through my on-line book accounts and prune the unwanted freebies.

But it's worth it. I'd never get to them, and they just obscure the books I actually want to read.

As to why I still buy ebooks?

Several reasons

(1) Magazine subscriptions.
(2) Favourite authors/series with new releases
(3) Bargain books - that is, books I want to read that are on a limited time special offer.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote