View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 11:21 PM   #133
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by howyoudoin View Post
If Kobo intends to add library downloads directly to the device by leveraging overdrive integration, I think they'll add an overdrive library tile to the screen as an 'app'. Enabling the beta browser for that purpose seems like a Macgyver solution.

Perhaps they have that planned and that's what's causing the delay in releasing a new firmware update for so long.
I posited the same thought over in the Kobo forums in a thread about not hearing anything from Kobo.

Seems like a feature we should have seen by now, given how long Rakuten has owned Overdrive. Maybe there were some legal things to work out. And then the technical aspects.

I hope it's a fully functioning app like experience, which allows us to download the epub file either directly, or indirectly through the acsm file.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote