View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 03:49 AM   #62
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I tried a bunch of different promising toolchains, but to no avail.

But now I think I had SOME possible progress. I downloaded:
https://downloads.gumstix.com/feeds/archive/318M/uclibc/ipk/armv5te/g++_4.1.2-r7_armv5te.ipk
And from that archive I unpacked:
arm-angstrom-linux-uclibcgnueabi-g++
I copied that to my K1, and when running:
/mnt/us/arm-angstrom-linux-uclibcgnueabi-g++ -v
I got a DIFFERENT error message:
can't load library 'libiconv.so.2'

That seems a lot less cryptic than "not found" or "Segmentation fault", which are all I ever saw from anything else NOT copied directly from a K1 rootfs.

Considering that the K1 was largely Gumstix based (even with Gumstix references in the amazon GPL source code), it makes sense that binary packages from a Gumstix website would at least "try" to load and run. I suspect it WOULD run if I could find and install all the missing dependencies.

That seems like a modicum of progress...

With a bit of luck, I *might* be able to compile directly on the K1, but there are probably a ton of dependencies to resolve first.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote