View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 11:27 AM   #23
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Weyman is good fun. I read several of them in my distant youth, and recently reread The House of the Wolf which is a corker! Also The Man in Black just because I remembered it so vividly from reading it as a kid.
it's a pity I missed out on Weyman (never heard of him! ) in my Orczy/Hope/McCutcheon/Sabatini adolescence, as I'd have loved him as I still love the The Scarlet Pimpernel, The Prisoner of Zenda and so forth. Some books benefit highly from being read at the perfect age. That said, far better late than never!

Thank you for the recommendations.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote