View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 06:06 PM   #26
Alexandros
Alexandros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexandros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexandros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexandros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexandros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexandros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexandros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexandros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexandros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexandros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexandros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3, DXG, sony prs-t2
Well, i can only support what Rizla said about the use of an e ink reader as a device for writing text/ use as a secondary screen.

As i have written in another thread i had ordered the Dasung monitor for doing specifically that, since i'm a programmer experiencing eyestrain looking at an LCD for hours... That didn't work out very well and i got a money refund.

I can confirm that there is a niche market for this type of usage for e ink devices. I know that others who are interested in the Dasung monitor are waiting to find out whether the Onyx Boox Max can be used in such a way although it is primarily targeted to another market segment, because the Dasung monitor currently faces concerns on quality issues.

So to make a long story short, it would be very useful for people like me, to see a video about the performance of the Onyx Boox Max in a2/quick mode with a keyboard (even a BT one with no lag). Remember for this kind of use quick refresh is more critical than best quality.
If it could also work as a secondary display (there are relevant android apps) that would be really great.

Big e ink screens are opening many possibilities.. Thanks and sorry for the long post
Alexandros is offline   Reply With Quote