View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 02:59 AM   #28
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaylor View Post
May I ask why you prefer BookMaster CE over other reading apps on iPad? Is there a killer feature or just the overall usage experience? Which app(s) used to be your favorite reading app(s)?
I really like the Classic Book theme and page-curl animation. There's something about it that makes me ridiculously happy. The page formatting options also suit me well. After I've set everything to my liking, the page-look is more pleasing to me than any other iPad app (which is a little weird because the other apps have similar options, and yet the end result is somehow not the same). Before BookMaster I used Bluefire Reader as my main reading app for both iPad and iPhone. Bluefire is still my main reading app on iPhone. My main problem with it is the font I prefer, Arial Rounded MT Bold, doesn't have italics.

I wanted to like Marvin, but the page-turn options bothered my eyes and the fact that changing brightness in the app reset brightness for the entire device bugged me. I think Hyphen has a lot of promise, but the page-turn options give me a headache, making it unusable for me.

Quote:
We do have plans for an iPhone version. However, we feel that we have not been doing a good job on spreading the words about the existing iPad version. A lot of nice features remain hidden gems to most of our target audience. In the short term, we want to give a higher priority to the non-trivial task of spreading the words via our website and forums like this one.
I think developing an iPhone app goes hand-in-hand with promoting the iPad version. I prefer to have one ereading app on all my devices, especially if it can sync between devices. The fact that BookMaster only works on my iPad and I have to use a different reading app on my iPhone is not ideal. If Hyphen or Marvin improve their page-turn options, I will probably switch to one of them for all my iDevices.