View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 11:19 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp2013mobile View Post
"Are you saying that this old laptop does not connect to the network (cable or wireless), "

A Network icon does appear under this old computer.
Can you surf the internet from this old computer? If you cannot then it will probably be impossible to make CC work.
Quote:
"or that calibre on the laptop does not have the "Start wireless device option"? "

Calibre does have a "Start wireless device option".
Have you started the wireless device as described in CC's "How do I setup Calibre Companion to connect to calibre" FAQ?
Quote:
Each time, I hook the Kindle to the computer, it ask for the drivers required, request me to insert a disk which I do not have, and then unsuccessfully goes looking for the needed drivers.

The final suggestion is that I go see on the product website.

Any recommendation?
I am confused. I thought you were trying to use CC to connect, but the above implies that you are using a USB cable to try to connect the Fire to the old computer.

Are you using CC? If so, follow the steps in the connection FAQ linked to above. If it doesn't work "out of the box" then check the firewall on the old computer as described in the FAQ.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote