View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 07:38 AM   #130
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoshmusun View Post
Ok I gave up and I'm loading everything into Calibre now. I'm really nervous.

When I want to highlight, I go to the folder within Calibre and open the pdf in Xournal. Then I save highlights in Xournal, they have nothing to do with the original pdf anyway. I save the Xournal highlights in their own folder.

I keep a backup of my books outside of Calibre, just in case.

I hope it works.

My first PC was a 80286. I think I had 1 MB RAM and 40 MB HDD. I remember when I heard that Windows was going to come out with a version that would directly boot at the GUI (no DOS command line), I thought "what? that's impossible, it can't be!". I was a kid.
I would suggest that the better way to do it would be to save the book you want to highlight in a "working" folder, make your modifications, save it, and then replace the book in calibre. (if the metadata etc is the way you like it you can drag and drop the revised edition on the original.)
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote