Thread: MobileRead May 2015 Book Club Nominations
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 10:33 PM   #46
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I don't intend to criticize a particular nomination on its merits, but I could wish for fewer repeat authors among the selections. Already this year, Wharton and Steinbeck are repeats and Lehane would be a third; that is, half the selections so far have been repeat authors and Lehane would bump that up to 60%.

There are so many books and authors; I like to think of the book club choices as expanding horizons and not just as retreads.
I will excuse myself from criticism as I have never read Lehane. Actually, until I read this, I had forgotten that he had been a book club read previously.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote