Thread: MobileRead May 2015 Book Club Nominations
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 11:20 AM   #15
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Third In the Woods. Third Riddle of the Sands. Between the last time it was nominated and this I watched the Cocaine Blues episode of the Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries television series so now I'm spoiled on that one.

Also, I nominate The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall.

From Goodreads:

Eric Sanderson wakes up in a house one day with no idea who or where he is. A note instructs him to see a Dr. Randle immediately, who informs him that he is undergoing yet another episode of acute memory loss that is a symptom of his severe dissociative disorder. Eric's been in Dr. Randle's care for two years -- since the tragic death of his great love, Clio, while the two vacationed in the Greek islands.

But there may be more to the story, or it may be a different story altogether. As Eric begins to examine letters and papers left in the house by "the first Eric Sanderson," a staggeringly different explanation for what is happening to Eric emerges, and he and the reader embark on a quest to recover the truth and escape the remorseless predatory forces that threatens to devour him.

The Raw Shark Texts is a kaleidoscopic novel about the magnitude of love and the devastating effect of losing that love. It will dazzle you, it will move you, and will leave an indelible imprint like nothing you have read in a long time.

Goodreads / Amazon Au / Amazon Ca / Amazon UK / B&N / GooglePlay / Kobo

Oddly, I can't seem to find the ebook on Amazon US, but I think that's some type of glitch on their part that'll hopefully be resolved soon because it's available as an ebook everywhere else I've looked including every other major US ebook store and every other country's Amazon site. So, if you want the ebook you can get it one way or another.

Last edited by sun surfer; 04-22-2015 at 11:27 AM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote